Ties That Bind

Friday, June 1, 2012

I currently am no longer a housewife, as I work full time and attend school full time as well. Yes, I am crazy; however, I know that to reach my goals I need to do this. Not for anyone, but for myself. Life is so interesting at times, and I know there are lots of people in my life right now that are just waiting for me to mess up. That's not going to happen. When I think about it, it is those people that builds up confidence in myself and what I do in my life. The fact that if I do fail, which I'm not, they are going to be the first ones to say "I'm so sorry for you." The sad thing about these people are that they are the very family I know and grew up with. And the very people that looked down on me from day one because they felt that they can just do that; even though I have a higher paying job, have 3 times the education they have and a better life than they have. Yes, I grew up being told that family will always be there for me. And in the end it was family that almost ruined my life. Family, especially relatives, can be equally untrustworthy as friends. So choose your family member wisely. It hurts a lot more knowing that even the person you share the same blood with can turn around and stab you in the back.

I learned. I don't trust my own relatives anymore. Never. Ever. And I feel justified for being the way I am towards them.

0 comments:

 

2009 ·One Way To Love by TNB