Impressive Interview

Saturday, May 5, 2012

I've landed myself a job at a large globally known company! Excited as I was, I was also quite nervous. For one, I had to go through an interview with the agency that hires employees for the company and once I passed that, I would have the opportunity to be interviewed with the actual company. Here's a few things that you should know about interviews and how to give an impressive interview that your prospective employer would be calling you in hours giving you the job.

 

1) when the interview is online (skype, etc.) you should dress professionally and have a clean, quiet room to be in; nothing says "unprofessional" when you're being interviewed and the prospective employer could see how messy your room is, or how unprepared you are wearing a regular t-shirt; if you're during the interview in person, do not cross your legs (if you're a woman) and sit properly, do not slack!

 

2) remember, what you tell the agent in the first interview will also be passed on to the employer; if you say to the agent that you're expecting eg, $15 an hour then when you go to the prospective employer and tell them  you want $20, you're very likely not going to get the job.

 

3) the top questions that I get asked is "What are your strength/weakness," when you answer, be real. If you say that you're a "perfectionist" the chances are, the other interviewees have already said the same thing. Say something more real, like your weakness is you tend to over look small details.

 

4) your employers want to know what you're good at and what you expect from them as well so don't be afraid to tell them about your skills; you'd be surprised on how some employers don't have the skills you have, but make sure not to brag!

 

5) this is the most important tip that every interviewee must do and this will increase your chances of getting the job: RESEARCH! Research the company you want to work in. Don't just research the products they make, since chances are the other interviewees would already have said that during their interviews. Look further into the company, find out the company's objectives, mission objective and what they do for their community. See if they have a youtube channel and watch a couple videos. Your future employer will be impressed with your research and they will see that you're serious about working in the company.

 

 

Those tips and hints are what I've learned during my past interviews. Of course I didn't the get job for some interviews; however, I'm glad I didn't get those other jobs, because if I didn't, I wouldn't get the opportunity to work in my current employment. There are other websites, that offer a lot of other tips on how to get through an interview, so feel free to do a little more research to prepare yourself.

 

Good luck!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the working world!

May 6, 2012 at 12:19 AM
 

2009 ·One Way To Love by TNB