Sick and Not Liking It

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Getting sick is not a very pleasant feeling, especially when you've been sick for the whole long weekend instead of having fun with the family. For the first week I've ended up getting my allergies which eventually turned into a cold... And this cold consisted of coughing heavily, sneezing, low amounts of energy, and getting everyone else in the household sick. I did learn a few tricks on how to feel a little better each day.

  • Squeeze one lemon and sweeten it with some honey; drink and enjoy!
  • For a hot beverage I had Tetley's Dream flavoured tea, it has chamoille and lemon in it which calms the sore throat due to coughing; and I also had the Revive one, which had pure peppermint for the stuffy, runny nose of mine.
  • I also wore some proper clothing; sweat pants and a large sweater for the whole weekend kept me nice and warm without having to worry about getting my cold worst.
  • In addition, I also took one type of medicine, which was Buckleys in gel pill form. I'm not a big fan of the liquid stuff so I opted for the gel pill; I like how I can take it everywhere I go, especially when I'm at work.
  • Lastly, even thought it was the long weekend and I wished I was able to spend it with my family, I took that opportunity to rest. For most of Saturday and Sunday, I was in bed sleeping, while my supportive husband made me a yummy breakfast and cuddled with me while I was sleeping. Monday, we spent the day watching movies.
I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend, and wasn't sick like I was! =D

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuddling while sleeping? Now that is really sweet..

May 27, 2012 at 11:59 PM
 

2009 ·One Way To Love by TNB