An Enjoyable Weekend

Sunday, March 4, 2012

 

I had such an amazing long weekend and it was well spent, even though I spent most of it at home. My little brother had Thursday and Friday off so my best friend slept over during those two days. We watched a few movies, I made them some food and after, we played Halo 2. I lost in the game, but it really was not a fair match, 2 male gamers who are good at these games and then there’s me. Supposedly, there are tactics to actually avoid being killed… But I did not see any of that. After losing in Halo 2, my brother and best friend decided to play Wii Sport Boxing. I did not play much, but they sure did. I remember being in the 400 skill level when they started playing… The next day when I played the game, I noticed, after losing the first match, my skill level was now in the pros! The next day, the consequences of playing a couple hours of Wii Sport is my sore body, especially in the arm area. I now have difficulty even carrying a large glass of water…

 

boxartlgMy habi and I spent time with each other during the weekend. He worked for a few hours, then gave time for me. We played Army of Two and Gears of War, the Co-Op part of the games. It was a lot of fun. Habi showed me a few tricks and I now know how to defeat my brother and best friend in shooter games. I look forward to the day when I defeat them in their own game! It was good bonding time and when I think about it, I still find it funny how serious my habi is when he’s playing. Like when he takes his character and tries to dodge a bunch of the enemy bullets, but fails and all he says to me was “I wanted to do that professionally, but it didn’t go how I planned, so I just let the enemy kill me.” It was a good weekend.

 

I was also able to read a few chapters of the book “The Only Way to Love.” I only got through 5 chapters and I found it quite boring. Perhaps this sort of book does not interest me.  I’m going to leave this book on my bookshelf at the moment, as there are still a few other books that I still need to read. Not that I’m neglecting this book, I can’t seem to get my head around it. I’m thinking it’s because of the storyline, since at the beginning it talks about the family being rich, however it was dysfunctional because the husband was always busy working and making money for his wife’s hunger for money. Even though his wife was thinking of trying to have him spend more time with her and their kids, but it was not working out because all the husband could think of was making money for the extravagant expenses his family made. Then the husband loses his job and then the family becomes poor, they lose their home and everything else they owned. And I am going to guess the ending here: after all the challenges they encountered trying to adjust to the ‘poor’ life, they become a family that they have always wished on having, the husband staying home with the kids and the wife satisfied that she got what she wanted, a loving family. I think that is how the ending might be like, but I am not going to read it yet to find out.

 

Anyways, I still have a few more hours of my weekend left, I’m going to be a little productive and try to study. :D Thanks for reading!

 

Below is where you can purchase Halo 2, Army of Two: the 40th day, Gears of War and the book The Only Way is Up.

0 comments:

 

2009 ·One Way To Love by TNB