Photo-A-Day-Challenge: Marrka

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I decided to make up a new game for my blog. The main purpose for me having this blog is to  inspire and motivate myself and others in their day to day lives. There’s a lot that’s going on in other’s lives and mine as well, sometimes we all need a bit of a boost to lighten things up a bit.

 

Anyways, the new game is called photo-a-day challenge. This means that I will post a photo every day that I think represents something funny, sad, anything that made my day special. So here’s my first photo:

 

Marka 026

 

This was my first time cooking Chicken Marrka on my own without my Habi’s help. This had chicken, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, and spices. It’s actually easy to make, and it’s pretty customizable as well. For those who don’t know what Marrka is, it’s one of the most easiest Moroccan dishes to make and cheapest as well. Onions are like $2, a sack of potatoes $5, onions $2, and chicken is $10; it also takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook. Habi tried this, and he loves it. Yay!

 

Why do I find cooking this dish special? Well, I’m still learning to cook. Learning how to cook Moroccan Food, which is completely different from the dishes I ate (Filipino and Canadian cuisine) while growing up, is quite a transition. Not only that, but my parents barely taught me how to cook to begin with. So, cooking a dish that my habi can say is “very, very good” or “just like back home” is a very big accomplishment for me. ^_^

 

This is all for today. I hope to capture another special moment tomorrow.

0 comments:

 

2009 ·One Way To Love by TNB